Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Older Access Apps on Windows 7.0 - Problem with some updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hap007

MIS
Mar 21, 2003
US
I have a large MS Access XP Accounting program written in MS Access XP.
The program has a menu system and about 75 smaller MS Access Mde files
The program was designed and intended to be run in a folder located in Program Files folder.
To run this application in any other folder would require modifying or at least recompiling all 75 mdb files.

When the sub folder is created in the Program Files folder and all MDB and MDE files are copied, everything appears to work fine.

The problem is if any changes are made to any applications (mdb or mde) and saved, the original dated Access files show up in My Computer window. (Has the old date and code)

Yet, if I open the mdb or mde using the MS Access window, it opens the revised version.

How come I can not see the changed versions when opening in My Computer?

I am sure it has to do with some type of Win 7 security issue

How should an MS Access program (mdb or mde) be installed and run on Windows 7.0?

I may also ask this same question in the Windows Forum.

Thanks,
Hap...

Access Developer [pc] Access based Accounting Solutions - with free source code
Access Consultants forum

Did someone previously define the path in Access-XP to save files in c:\Program Files\xxxx? My current Win 7 default install of Office 10 goes to Libraries/documents.... Try making a change but do a SaveAS to force to where you expected it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back