Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Multiple PS Financials Releases in Same Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2002
US
Hi,

I have been tasked to find out if multiple releases of PS Financials (specifically 7.5 and 8.4) can run simultaneously in the same environment. Will they co-exist peacefully, require multiple partitions, etc? I imagine this is a very difficult feat if it is feasible, because there is little information on the PS site about it.

If anyone has implemented this (or attempted to) in the past, any hints, tips, or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheskey

Yes this is very possible. We have accomplished it in a unix/oracle environment with little difficulty. There are combinations unix version and oracle versions that PS certifies for both versions of PS.

We do have separate nt process schedulers, but only because we were upgrading hardware - never tried running concurrently.

If you are after a unix solution (i suspect not), I can provide more detail - but for the most part it was just following the install guides. Watching the required versions of sqr, jolt, and merant closely.

Good luck,
-Doug

Yes this is very possible. We have accomplished it in a unix/oracle environment with little difficulty. There are combinations unix version and oracle versions that PS certifies for both versions of PS.

We do have separate nt process schedulers, but only because we were upgrading hardware - never tried running concurrently.

If you are after a unix solution (i suspect not), I can provide more detail - but for the most part it was just following the install guides. Watch the required versions of sqr, jolt, and merant closely.

Good luck,
-Doug

Sorry, the submit button is too slow for my impatience ;-)
-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back