Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running MS Script Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daBearIsIn

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
US
I am running MS Script Editor 10 from Frontpage 2003. I can find no way to step thru the code. No matter what I do, the script editor launches IE 6 which then reports the error. I have tried setting break points, using step into, etc - no joy.

This may or may not be part of the problem - I cannot clear the "Disable script debugging" in IE. When I clear the check box, IE resets it.

In the script editor, under debug, is "attach process" enabled? If it is, attach to IE

Thanks for the reply. Before attaching IE I found I had to start it, which I did.

Then I selected Debug > Process, and selected IE. The dialog box then asks for the program type I want to debug - I select the only choice which is "Script".

When I close the dialog box, I find that all options to proceed with the debugging are grayed out such as:
continue
step into
step over

Now that I have attached IE how do I proceed with the debugging?

Click on "Break All"

You cannot continue, step into or step over unless you are stopped. To Stop, you need to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back