Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running MAS90 on Terminal Services or Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeejCyr

MIS
Aug 1, 2002
US
Due to some badwidth constraints, I would like to run MAS90 on a terminal service server.
Our main MAS90 install resides on a Novell server. I would like to install the client on the terminal service machine and allow others to access MAS90 via that. The problem I am running into is that MAS90 is creating some kind of locking file that indicates to other sessions that the MAS90 launcher is already running. Is there a way around this? I am not opposed to moving the MAS90 data to the server's harddrive if thats what it takes.

Oh, and to clairify, we are currently running Terminal Services on a 2K machine and we do not currently have Citrix Metaframe, but may consider purchasing that, if that will do the job.

We are running MAS200 across a Citrix server and it is running fine.

You need to be running v3.5 or higher in order to be able to utilize Citrix for multiple users.

If you are running the proper version, you need to have all users exit MAS90, activate MAS90, then copy the activate.pvx from the MAS90\Home\Keys? directory to the same directory on Citrix for the workstation setup.

This will tell Citrix you are licensed for multiple users and pass through the computer name from the Citrix Client to MAS90 for terminal identification.

MAS200 is the client server version. Are you confident that the same will apply to the MAS90 version?

I am quite certain that it will, as long as you are running v3.5 or higher.

I have not tried it, but have been told that is will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back