Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running GroupWise 4.1a on Netware 5.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceClasing

Technical User
Sep 13, 2001
US
I visited a client yesterday that wants to upgrade their Novell 4.x network to Netware 5.1 prior to upgrading their GroupWise. They have a mixture of 4.1a, 5.2 and 5.5.

Does anyone know FOR SURE you can run GroupWise 4.1a on a Netware 5.1 server. I know you would think it would work, but recently I had a problem moving an Novell Radius server version 2.x to a Netware 5.1 server and was told it won't work and to upgrade to 3.6.

So I want to be sure on this one. If anyone is actually doing this, let me know.

Bruce

I have run the 4.1a NLMs on a 5.1 server for a client that needed the server upgrade before the GroupWise upgrade. We were using 2 servers, 1 was main file and print, the second was running the GroupWise NLMs only. If I remember correctly, when we did the conversion from GW 4.1 to 5 (over a 3 week period), the 5.5 POA NLM was running on the main server, while the 4.1 PO was on the mail server, but I can't remember why we had to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back