Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running FP Dos 2.6 by Windows7 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinczej

Programmer
Apr 29, 2003
HU
Hi All!

I'm using Foxpro for DOS 2.6 for some "old" customers. It can run generally correctly on Windows XP in a Virtual PC of Windows7.

But I have a problem. I have a process, that can't run on this configuration, if I run it as an EXE file (with option "+x" extended). But the function can run seamlessly, if it run in the FOXPROX.EXE environment with "do program".

Have you any idea, what parameter I'm missing for the compiled running?

Thanks forward!

Pardon, I forgot the error message: "Unrecognized command werb", and appears on very several places in the program.

So let me pose the usual question: What's different in your production environment than your development environment?
There must be some "SET" or something that is different between the two.
It's impossible to tell what the problem is without knowing what the lines of code are that are causing the error.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Do you use the macro operator (&) anywhere? If you're using it to substitute a file name into a command and there's a space in the path, you can get that error.

If that's the issue, use a name expression instead. That, surround the variable with parentheses rather than using the macro operator. So, if you have:

Code:
USE &cSomeTable

change it to:
Code:
USE (m.cSomeTable)

Tamar

In addition to Tamar's excellent suggestion, note that this might be caused by conditional compilation (also caused by &macro expansion).

In a misguided attempt to shrink the size of EXE files (because users complained), Fox Software conditionally compiled some parts of the product into runtime EXEs. If the compiler didn't "see" REPORT FORM in the code, for instance, then it wouldn't include that runtime capability in the final EXE (but it would work just fine in the IDE).

If you had, for example, this:

Code:
lcCommand = "REPORT FORM whatever"
&lcCommand TO PRINT

you might see "Unrecognized command verb" because the compiler didn't "see" it as a command being executed.

What commands does your error handler tell you are not being recognized?

Thanks for the replies![orientalbow]

It seems to be a problem with the "use anyfile exclusive" in some cases. I'm trying to find the real cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back