Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running eReport Server on 64 bit Windows Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabronson

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2009
US
Does anyone have any info or advice on running eReport server on a 64bit Windows Operating System (Win 2003) as a 32bit applicaion for Dev and DR environments? Not sure if anyone has played with it, thoughts if it should work in theory, theoretical performance implications (better/same/worse), benefits, risks...

My understanding is 32bit apps running on 64bit access 4GB of RAM vs the 2-3GB possible in the 32bit OS... not sure if that matters with this app or not...

I'm just looking at various scenarios to save, and this one would give me $50k/yr savings in hardware for our situation. I certainly recognize that often undue risk necessitates a higher cost (prevents less costly options), but was just curious of opinions out there. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back