Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running DOS Programs in C++Builder3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royt

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2000
GB
Hello everybody<br>
<br>
I am running a DOS program within a C++Builder program - GZIP to unzip a bunch of SCO Unix compressed files. Following a recent thread in VB, I execute GZIP via a BAT file. My problem is that 'Close on exit' works fine but run in a Minimized Window is ignored - any suggestions would be gratefully received. Is there a way of hiding the DOS window completely?<br>
<br>
Also I have suddenly started to get 'Runtime error 216'<br>
when closing the IDE. It does not appear to depend on what programs I have opened/run.<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Roy Thomas<br>

Royt,<br>
<br>
I don't know if this will help you or not but there is a FAQ at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> . One talks about starting a program minimized and another about hiding a program. What I don't know is if these will apply to your DOS window or not. But give it a try.<br>
<p>James P. Cottingham<br><a href=mailto:main@ivcusa.com>main@ivcusa.com</a><br><a href= Veneer Co., Inc.</a><br>All opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Thanks James,<br>
<br>
I am now downloading the faqs.<br>
<br>
There is an faq at Borland, but it hides the window application, which I don't want.<br>
<br>
w.r.t. 'Runtime error 216' there is a fix in the Borland faqs which works fine.<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Roy Thomas<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back