Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Concurrent Backup Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistol

MIS
Jan 29, 2001
US
I have hooked up two tape drives on the same computer (to two different SCSI cards, one on the Array, and one on the mother board). I am trying to run two concurrent backup jobs in Arcserve, one to each tape drive. To date I have been unsuccessful, has anyone ever pulled this off, or is there no chance of Arcserve supporting it?.

Thanks,
Peter McLernon

Just place each device in a separate device group.

Then have one job point to one group, and the other to the other.

g

I run concurrent jobs every night and my suggestion would be to do as the person above said and also offset the jobs by a half hour. This way they don't try to backup the database at the same time.

I have it set up like this (two devices, two jobs, start times slightly apart). I'm still having problems, I'll recheck everything, and recreate the jobs.

Thanks

Did you do the two device groups, and point each job to a separate device group?

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back