Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running client server applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar10

Programmer
Sep 18, 2001
NL
Hi folks

I would like to know if it's possible to run graphical client server applications, that are made with designer 6i under windows, in a linux environment, and vica versa.

I presume that you mean that you are generating Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports. If so, then you can buy a copy of Oracle 9 iDeveloper for Linux. Then all you have to do is move your .fmb (or .fmt) and .rpf files to your Linux computer (use a binary file transfer), and compile them with the Forms or Reports compiler. Don't try moving the .fmx or .rep files, as they are compiled for Windows only.

Finally, you will need the Motif versions of the Forms icons that Designer generates into its forms and the PL/SQL Library files that Designer uses. You'll find these in the ORACLE_HOME for Designer on Windows under the cgenf60\admin folder. Put them anywhere you want on Linux, and set the environment variable, FORMS60_PATH to the location of the .pll files, and UI_ICON to the location of the icon files before you run one of the forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back