Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running BBSRPTEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fez

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2000
EU
I would like to know if it is possible to run BBSRPTEST before I received the Blackberry Enterprise server software. I am tasked with implementing Blackberry services over the Christmas holidays and want to check that our corporate firewall configuration has been changed correctly to allow communication with srp.eu.blackberry.net.

I have not received the Blackberry software yet as the contract has not been finialised. I have got hold of a copy of BBSRPTEST.EXE, but when I try and run it I get the following message - Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Server missing.

Many thanks

Richard

As long as you opened port 3101 on your firewall, you should be fine.

Just make sure you have port 3103 opened for outbound initiated bi-directional communication. You should then be fine. In the meanwhile for kicks and tickles... telnet to the srp ip address using port 3101 and see if you bust through the firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back