Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bohammonds

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2001
US
Hi, I have a small problem that maybe someone can help me.

I am creating an application to track contracts that are awarded to contractors for services rendered. The company has obligated $500,000 for the annual budget.

What I need to be able to do is enter the annual budget amount usings a form and have it saved for calculation in different reports and forms. What is the best method to accomplish this task? Seem like I could save the annual budget amount as a variable... but I don't know how.. Any help is appreciated...

Simplest would be to make a table that holds the budget year and budget amount. You can then reference the value for any period at any time. You can compare total of amounts spent vs. original budget amount...
yamafopa

Yeah, I had created a table with the budget year and budget amount. However, I do not know how to reference the budget amount for the budget year.

This where my problem is .... when I try to refrence this data using a form to compare total of amounts spent vs. original budget amount.

What... do I need to use VB code? If so I need some help, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back