Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running AR Aging from one particular workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maz61

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2007
US
Progression 7.6.400 MS-SQL 2000

When I run an AR Aging Report from this one particular workstation, it takes considerably longer to run. On other workstations I tested on, even slower computers, it takes about 2 minutes to run. On this workstation, it takes over 7 minutes to run. All tests are using the same parameters and printing to file. Also running an AR Age Customer Balances takes longer to run on this workstation as well. Every other Macola process I ran on this system seems to run at normal speed. I tried re-installing the client but it made no difference. The workstation is a Pentium 4 with 1.5 GB Ram running XP. Any ideas what could be causing this? This is currently only a test workstation so it's not critical. Thanks.

Try reinstalling the Microsoft SQL components and then run the following from CMD:
1. netsh int ip reset log
2. netsh winsock reset
Reboot the workstation and see if the issue persists.

John

Are the faster machines the same specs? If so try switching the port on the server between the slow machine and the faster machines. This could point to some defective or slower hardware.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

You nailed it dgillz, looks like a sluggish switch. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back