Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running apps interactively while logged out of NT server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2002
US
I'm trying to do something which seems very simple but has become a very big problem. What I want to do is schedule a batch file that calls an executable and then issue that executable the F5 keystroke. I can get the batch file to run and the F5 command working when logged into the server, however it won't work when logged out. The exe launches but the F5 command isn't processed. I'm not sure if it is because it is not issuing the command at all due to lack of security permissions, or if it is simply issuing the command but it isn't going to the active window of the executable that has launched. I've tried everything I can think of, batch files, vbscripting, vb exe's but they all fail on issuing the F5 command to the window when logged out!! I'm leaning towards it being a problem with the active window vs. security but I don't know for a fact.

Has anyone run into this problem, or does anyone have any suggestions for how to get around this?

Thanks in advance for ANYTHING...I've hit a deadend.

Dustin

Not sure what you're using to launch the batch, but I found that when I use an AT command, I have to go into the properties for that specific AT event, assign it a username/password instead of the 'use system account'. I also found that I have to re-enter the password every time I modify the AT event... good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back