Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running APP in Win XP as it was runed in Win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

miha

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2002
SI
Hello!

I have an Olympus printer with SmartMedia Card Reader. When I want to install it I discoverd that drivers that are on CD are only for Win 98. I searched internet for the new ones but did not find it, call Olympus and they told me that drivers for my printer for Win XP don't exist. Can I install my printer on XP and when application runs it runs like under win 98.

I don't know if this helps but when I was having trouble with my Kyocera 1000, the tech I called at Mita said I should try installing it as a HP 4. When I asked how that could work he told me most of the printers are interchangable except for a few of the more unusual commands.
I tried about six different printer drivers and every one printed OK (including the Windows test page).
Give a similar printer a try.
Check the print engine manufacturer.

I had a similar problem with my old Epson printer - using the Windows 2000 driver resolved the situation - if you have or can get hold of a Windows 2000 driver it might be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back