Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running apache on windows 2000 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordjadar

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
US
hello all i am new to this but i hope i can get help i installed apache 2.0.43 on a windows 2000 pro computer and now i wont to host web sites for users on the internet and allow them to upload and change the page and donot know where or what to configure to allow this ,,well i have a little bit of and idea but i need help...
anyone that can help me please fell free to send a e-mail to me or post the reply here in the forms and...
if i have done wrong by asking this on here please forgive me

You will need to setup apache with virtual host containers. It is not hard but you should read your docs or visit for full details on how to do it. You can always come back here if you have any specific problems with it. To allow users to manage and upload files to their domains, you will also need and ftp server. There are a few good ones out there so again, I will have to refer you to their documents. You should also offer them e-mail. If you had linux you would already have one of the best in the world for free but with windows, you are going to have to shop around and they cost much more than their linux counterparts. I have heard that there is a version of sendmail designed for wondows platforms but I don't know where you can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back