Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running an .exe file inside word using vba macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpraman

Instructor
Mar 27, 2003
IN
The problem is that i want to create a macro which saves my word document as webpage and i want to call a external software called msfilter.exe to clean my webpage and that process should also should be done automatically and i should get my final output file with clean up tags.

Can I create a macro to automate the process of msfilter inside the word document so that i could get the cleaned webpage at the single macro click.

please help on this.

regards,
jpraman

You need to use the Shell function. Look up how to use it in Word VBA help. Good luck!
Rob
[flowerface]

hi rob,

If I use the shell function i am able to open the .exe file but i cannot automate the process. is there any other way or can u help me by giving some example on coding.

thanks for ur reply,
jpraman

If there is no defined protocol for automation for your specific application, I don't think you can, except for possibly (crudely) using SendKeys.
Rob
[flowerface]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back