Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running an Append Query from a form.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TR6

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
US
I'm a newby who just found this sight and has been given the task of creating an interactive input,search, and edit data base program. I've got that part done. Populating the database will initially be done at several locations and brought together at various times to form a single MASTER table.

I want to create a form that will run the append query to add the records from the various individual tables to the MASTER table. I would like to have the form act as as unbound input form to accept the path name, from the user, of the indivdual tables and then when the user hits the button, appends the MASTER table.

My problem is I don't know what the basic mechanics should be, once the path has been received, should be, much less how to code it. At this point, I am looking for some directional guidance.

Many thanks,

Make a qurey that does the append.
On your form set up the button that you want to do the append
In the VBA editor for teh on click function add
DoCmd.runsql (The SQL From the Query you wrote)

that should do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back