Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running an aplication as a SYSTEM process 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niphyr

Programmer
Jul 21, 2003
AU
How can I run my app so it appears as a SYSTEM process under Task Manager instead of a user process?

Thanks ahead.

-Niphyr

------------------------------

Advance search this site for VB Service using all words. There are many threads that cover this subject and the ways in which to do it and all the ins and outs.

Good Luck

OK, ive searched for various things: "run as System", "VB Service", "NT Service" etc. everytime i found one, someone said something along the lines of "This question has been answered many times before, do a keyword search", so i do, using their suggestions and return NOTHING on how to:

Run my app as a Service in NT using API

They say it can be done, but how is one for someone that knows, obviously not me, nor the Search engine!

Now, after al that i dont expect a reply (it would be nice) but i hope i made my point!

-Niphyr

Ok, I found several threads using all words in my forums searching just the subject lines with "VB Service". There are about a half dozen threads which should make it easier for you to look through instead of those hundreds of threads.

(sorry should have mentioned that the first time)

Good Luck

Did you find the information you were looking for?

Good Luck

Yes thanks VB5, it was great, that was more the information i was after, not **This has been asked many times, search for something**, thanks again

-Niphyr

(A star for you help and patience)

It would be so nice if you guys could include the thread that you found!

Try thread222-768017, thread222-602676, thread222-260881, thread222-104291, thread222-665805, and...oh, hmm, one of the more comprehensive threads on the subject (thread222-665805) seems to have vanished.

Most of the above threads (apart from the deleted one) don't make mention of INSTSRV or SRVANY, so here's a couple of references:

When I tried to open the first of them ( in a seperate window I get the error "javascript:gothread(222,768017)" and a blank window.

happyabc: simply click on the thread and it will appear in a new window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back