Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running Ad-aware by bat, causes running processes not to scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

techlady

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2001
US
Hi everyone; I hope this is correct forum for this question. If it is not, please let me know the correct one and I'll send it there. I have submitted this to ad-aware forums with no answers, probably because this is the freeware version.

I need help writing a bat file. I am running ad-aware 6.0 using command line parameters in a bat file. Everything is set within for a custom deep scan as stated per ad-aware help.

I have timed it to run using an 'at' command so I don't have to try to remember it. I have customized the settings as the ad-aware help states. So far so good.

But I notice that as it runs, it lists the 'running processes' as ?. I tried running the program manually and then with my bat file. Very few ad-aware are being caught with the bat file. It is starting, running, catching a few adware, then closing. I just would like it to check the running processes as well.

The bat file reads as follows:

c:
cd program files\lavasoftcd ad-aware 6
ad-aware.exe "C:\" +A +1

Any suggestions to change the bat file? I love the program and would like to get this to work. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back