Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Access 2007 and XP on same PC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonJohn

Instructor
Sep 1, 2000
GB
I can't find any info about this topic. I know with previous versions we had to do strange things like rename font files, etc.
When I install Access XP on my new laptop with Access 2007, I can get through the security option, making it a trusted database, but it doesn't want to recognise some of the code (e.g. the "On Open" event).
Can anybody help with this.

Thank you

London John

This may get you started - it is an excellent overview of Access 2007 and does go into prior installations to some extent.

Unlike prior dual installs (I have 97 & 2000 and 2000 & 2003 on dual installs on computers) I found a dual install of 2003 and 2007 unworkable (this was when 2007 first came out) and have since been running it on a separate pc.

I don't know why you would be having a problem with multiple versions as I run Access 2000, 2003, and 2007 on my desktop Windows Vista machine and Access 2003 and 2007 on my Windows XP laptop, with no ill effects.

One thing you do have to do is install the versions in order (install Office XP BEFORE Office 2007), so maybe you didn't install in that order.

Bob Larson
A2K,A2K3,A2K7,SQL Server 2000/2005,Crystal Reports 10/XI,VB6, WinXP, and Vista
Free Quick Tutorials and Samples:

This is what I was referring to (see below) and Allen Browne notes that it has been solved in SP1

"If you install Access 2007 along with previous versions, you may find that, over time, help begins disappearing from the previous versions. For example, if you place the cursor in a property/method in code (such as Visible) and press F1, you get a completely blank window (no content.)

Service Pack 1 also addressed the tedious delay each time you switch to Access 2007 after using another version. The reinstallation delay is now 20 seconds, rather than the 3 - 5 minute delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back