Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a web server and ftp server from the same box

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstorm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
US
We currently have a CentOS 6.x box sitting in the DMZ which runs a Windows Server 2012 VM upon which our web server lies. I've been asked to set up an FTP server for external customers, I'm trying to think through the easiest way to do this..Would using IIS on this box to set up FTP as well work, or would running vsftpd from the Centos box itself be smarter.

Just looking for opinions, security concerns, etc etc.

Actually I should expand on this a bit since I've had a few hours to research and poke around a bit. Basically we have a single CentOS box in our DMZ which runs a Windows server 2012 VM as our webserver.

Today I was asked to set up an FTP server for an external service/customer to be able to drop files off for some of our developers.

Any suggestions as to the best way to tackle this? I was just thinking of setting up something like vsftpd on the box, but now I'm reading about the differences between sftp and vsftpd etc etc so I figured I might as well get some opinions as to the best way to go about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back