Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a VB Application from MS Office Application Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemcginty

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
AU
Is there a way of adding a custom button to the main menu of a MS Office product (eg Outlook, Word etc) which when pressed will activate my VB6 application?

I have read about creating an app as a COM add-in but was hoping there is a simple way.

Thanks

Mike

When you call out for help in the darkness, and you hear a voice in return, you're probably just talking to yourself again!

This question really belongs in the
VBA Visual Basic for Applications (Microsoft) Forum
forum707

but...

if you create a macro such as:
Sub RunYourApp()
Shell "YourApp.exe"
End Sub

Then right click on the menu bar and select Customize from the drop down window -> Commands Tab -> Categories select Macros -> Commands select Custom Menu Item and drag it to where you would like to place it in the menu -> Modify selection -> ...

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

Thanks

I wasn't sure if I needed to convert my VB application into a dll or something first.

When you call out for help in the darkness, and you hear a voice in return, you're probably just talking to yourself again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back