Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a session in Informatica

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramodchaky

Programmer
Apr 29, 2003
US
Hi

I am a new user of Informatica and did a small direct transformation from a source db( SQL Server ) to the target db(SQL Server). Bothe the databases reside in the same SQL Server.

When I tried to create a session in the Informatica Server, I am unable to run the session successfully and transform data.

I have did the following in Informatica server.

1. registered the Souce and targt db Server in Informatica server.
2. Gave the source and target database connections details in the Informatica server.
3. Selected the correct source names and tgt names in the session wizard.
4. transformations, log,partions and time tabs were left as default.

Can anybody tell me how to troubleshoot this problem.
Also the steps to run the session perfectly from registering the Informatica server.

Thanks in advance.

Pramod

Pramod,

i would check the session log files first,in your sessionlog folder at the informatica installation directory.
what is the error that you get when you try to run a session.check the log file for this.

it should help you debug your problem, one of the possible reasons could that the srouce table or view might not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back