Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a report using VB6 generates, "Runtime error 20599"

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpita

Programmer
Nov 5, 2001
IN
Running a report using VB6 generates the error, "Runtime error - 20599 - Cannot open SQL Server". The database that I'm using is Aceess 2000 and the report is Seagate Crystal Reports 7.

The report does load at times but then it does not refresh the data automatically and gives a blank report when click on the refresh button. Tried all the possible options like :

- Refresh data on every print
- Discard saved data when loading reports
- Save data with report etc.

Please help.
Thanks

Hi Arpita,

Did you solve this problem at all? I'm experiencing the same now (on Oracle) and would appreciate any tips! I've done a keyword search on the forum posts but didn't find anything very helpful... Happy Xmas!

Michael.

Well first we should know as to how are u making this report. If u r using VB6 why don't u use ADO option while making report and see. Also the DSN name and the database name at the time of design should be the same at run time. Try verify database as well using Verify Database option. Also check the linkages of the tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back