Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running a program in the background!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metgut

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
I'm not sure if i used a good subject heading.

I'm trying to figure out how to have parts of the program continue running even though the program is closed.

the program im working on uses the date as the event driver... I'm worried that if the program is closed... the function based on the existing date might not execute when needed... for example... the program is running on the month of march... on the 15th of the month a function is scheduled to run... lets say the program is not turned on till april 15... on that day the function will run based on data on the data of april rather than march...

if i need to clarify my problem a little better, please let me know

metgut

If you are using backends like Oracle or Sql Server u can use tigger to capture date based events. I m also need to perform time based events in my application. For your application tigger in backends is the better option

Regrs
Sweth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back