Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a dxr in a projector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saralind

Technical User
Aug 12, 2007
DK
Hi everyone,

Im new at Director and need some help. My friend appointed me to help him convert a bunch of .dxr files to .dir, so he could translate the text again - I of course said fine, without knowing much about it! Now Ive found this script:

on exitframe
go frame 1 of movie "B.dir" -- must be running from a projector
saveMovie "unDXR.dir"
end

which should take the .dxr file (here called B.dxr) and take each frame and save it to a .dir - but in order to doso, I need to be running from a projector. Firstly I thought a projector was an actual projector, but now Im thinking it might be a Director related term - can someone help me with this? How do I run it in a projector? Im using Director MX 2004.

Also, is there a way to make the format more portable? the current size of all the .dxr files is around 200 Mb and we want to get it as low as around 20-40 Mb, so it can be swiftly downloaded from the internet - can this be done? perhaps by converting it to a flash movie or something? .. just so you now what it is,its an introductory movie where you start out with a menu with a bunch of buttons and then you just click your way to certain pieces of information on the subject..

You cannot save compressed movie (a.k.a. DCR). You can decompile it, however, you cannot retrieve scripts - you can only extract assets.

If the movie is for web delivery and not using runtime 3D rendering, I would use Flash instead. There's no automated way to convert Director movie to Flash movie; you have to re-create it in Flash manually.

Kenneth Kawamoto

actually the dxr file is a *protected* director movie, which means that it is intended not to be decomplied. When you protect (the process is actually called "updating") a .dir file, Director prompts you to select a location to save a copy of the finished movie.

what i'm trying to say is... it sounds like you're trying to rip someone else's work off.

The best thing to do as kennethkawamoto says, is create your own from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back