Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RunAs From XP Prof to Remote server - Problems ....Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacey123

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
GB
Have a bit of a problem, I have a 2003 server which is on the other side of the world to me which I need to try and access, and the terminal services sessions have maxed out!

I cannot Remote MMC to the Server as it gives me "Access denied" I cannot "Remote AS" as when I go to put the password for the servers local Admin account it says "problems with runas 1326: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" and i know for a fact these are right, can't remote shutdown either as this gives me the same errors..... I know that the secondary Logon service is running on this server also....

the server is NOT part of a domain, and there is no other servers I can use to connect to this one.....

I have also tried using Termianl Services manager from the admin tools on XP but all it says is "Server not Found" funny I can connect to the login screen through TS mmmmmm.......??? but I still get Max sessions reached and all that

Head scratch ... what can I try next ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back