Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RunAS and Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm2k

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
GB
Hi,

I need to perform a RunAs for IE to elevate user permissions to allow them to run an Oracle application.

I can do this numerous ways and it works fine. However as you can imagine the users can now edit the settings in IE, I need to be able to stop this. Can I apply a GPO for the RunAs user account, or does anybody know of a way to launch IE without the toolbars, i'm open to ideas.

The closest I have come is with Joeware's CPAU, I got it to work perfectly the only catch is the RunAs user has to logon to each PC at the console, which on a network with 2000+ machines is not ideal!

Many Thanks,

Chris.

You can do this with two lines of vbscript code.

Code:
Set x = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application")

x.navigate2 "about:blank" : x.toolbar = false : x.menubar = false : x.statusbar = false : x.visible = True

Change the about:blank to whatever URL you want to open. Copy the code to a text file and give it a VBS extension. Then set it as a login script to launch it.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer, this would be perfect however the application has two links that when clicked open in a new windows and unfortunately IE reverts back to a standard window for these :( I am going to see if I can edit the html app to stop this.

Thanks for your answer.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back