Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Window - All Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallwaveEmp

Technical User
Aug 30, 2002
I have several servers covered by policy that together take more then 24 hours to perform full backups on. There area already 2 drives in my library.
Is there any way to make the run window last all weekend for the Full jobs?

Have you tried going under the Full selection > Priority & Availability > Enable auto cancel and setting this to 48 hrs + ? or how ever many hours from your start of weekend to end ?

I think this might work for me.
I did not understand that it started timing from the time the job was queued vs. the time the job actually began writing.

It is not "perfect" for me, as I use the same selection lists for all jobs, Full/Dif or Inc. This means that even the incs and diffs will respect the setting. Probably an acceptable trade off, I will see.

Do you know how this setting works with respect to the Run Window? Does the job remain in the queue until a tape drive is available without regard to the run window, or, does it remain in the queue until the tape drive is available within the Run Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back