Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

run two aspect scripts at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhazer

Programmer
Oct 20, 2006
Does anyone know of a way to run more than one aspect script at a time (within the same procomm window) outside of having one master script that calls other predetermined scripts?

You can only have one script running at a time in the same window. If you need two scripts running for some reason, you would need two separate Procomm sessions. You can use DDE to communicate between the two session to send information from one window to another if necessary. I have some examples on the samples page of my site that can get you started. When communicating between two Procomm windows, it's best to have one session of Procomm launch the second so you can get the handle to address the seconds session via DDE (I have a script that shows this, as well as the syntax to communicate between the two sessions).

You can't have 2 scripts execute at exactly the same time but you can have a script that executes while another script is running...and once the script gets done running it will return control to the the script that was running previsously....scripts that interupt each other very quickly will seem to be running at the same time...just wanted to let ya know..I've tried it before and it works fine

aspect spawn OFF | ON

Determines whether a script may be executed while another script is running. If ON, scripts can be spawned from a Connection Directory entry, in response to a Meta Key press, via a ddeexecute command or by other methods. By default, this setting is OFF when a script is initially executed. fetch returns 0 for OFF or 1 for ON.

thanks for the info. adambrums.

i had just successfully tested a script that was constantly running, then I press "F8" which invoked another script only when spawning was set to on. It worked!

Also, what is a "Meta Key press"? Is that a key interpreted by the available buttons in the Keyboard editor?

Thanks again

Meta Keys are the buttons at the bottom of the screen that execute a script....if you dont' see the meta keys you can click on the View menu then click on Meta Keys and you'll see the meta keys on the screen...which you can assign scripts, text, keystrokes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back