Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run time errors not displayed in "regular" msgboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

webvb

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
US
I have an application i built and am debugging. I created error handlers and put them in a separate standard module from the class modules that are calling them.

When an error occurs populating a property in the class module, it is supposed to go to the ErrorHandler in the form, and from there to the standard module where the errors are defined and displayed.

What is happening, is when the error is raised in the class module, it immediately generates a runtime error with a "debug" msg box giving you the option to END or DEBUG. Why doesn't it escalate the error to the form which can then send it on to the standard module so it will be displayed in a "regular" vb msgbox?

I have all the on error goto stuff and error handler in the form. the error handler sends it onto the standard module to display the error message, etc in a vb msgbox. The class module uses an if..then statement to raise the error.

Thanks for any help.

You are set to "Break On All Errors". Short way to change it is to Right-click on code pane, select Toggle then "Break on Unhandled Errors".
Long way: Tools / Options / General / "Break...." Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort in VB or VBScript

Thanks, i finally figured that out. It's been a while since i debugged this code!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back