Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Time Error - New Excel.Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbassngal

Programmer
Feb 18, 2003
US
HELP! I just had my computer rebuilt and a database that did work is now not working. It is freezing up on the following code to open a new instance of Excel:

Set xlapplication - New Excel.Application

I get a run-time error 48, which is "error in loading dll"

I've loaded the complete access package onto the machine. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Tina Kimmer

Hi,

And you're running this code in...???

Have you set a reference to the Excel n.m Object Library, in the VB Editor?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red]
The band of elderly oriental musicians, known as Ground Cover, is, in reality...
Asian Jasmine![tongue][/sub]

Okay, the version is Acccess 2000 on both machines however, the version on the computer that is working is (9.0.7616 SP-3) and the version on the machine that is not working is (9.0.3821 SR-1). I've checked my references and they are an exact match. I'm lost!

Again...

"Have you set a reference to the Excel n.m Object Library, in the VB Editor?"

Skip,
[sub]
The band of elderly oriental musicians, known as Ground Cover, is, in reality...

Yes - Excel 11.0 Object Library (we are office 2003) but still Access 2000 here.

Then I'd reload Office.

Skip,
[sub]

Skip - I've already done that... :)

Thanks for your help anyway - please let me know if you can think of anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back