Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run-time Error '48' DLL not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjts

Programmer
Jan 18, 2001
US
What am I missing? I have declared a function in a module that references a DLL. When I call the function, I get this error (the file name is included in the error message). The DLL resides in the same directory as the project.

I am new to using DLLs in my programs, so I am sure I am missing something pretty simple. I don't know if I need to run regsvr32 or not, so I thought I would try it and see what happens then. Regsvr32 returns with an error message of x00000485.

The DLLs were delivered with some hardware, and the test application they sent with it works fine.

Not only the DLL itself can be missing, but also a DLL which is called by this DLL.

1. Make sure the DLL itself exists, and can be found.

(system folder or system32 under NT)
2. Else fill out the complete path to the DLL in the declare statement.

3. Find the dependecies of this DLL using "Depends" (Visual studio Toolbox) or another tool (I think there is a freebie somewhere on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back