Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run-time Error '339'

Status
Not open for further replies.

robWhitz

MIS
Oct 23, 2001
SG
I encountered this error "Component 'MSADODC.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" when I attempt to run an excutable on a machine without VB installed. However when I execute it on my macine with VB, the program runs smoothly.

Am I missing something here? Would appreciate any help to resolve this problem.

P/S: My program has an ADO connection to the Access DB.

robWhitz,

The 'MSADODC.OCX' is Microsoft ADO Data Controll OCX....You will need this file to run your program on any machine that does not have the VB installed.... If you use the package and deployment wizzard it should build a setup program that will include all of the files you will need to install your app on another machine.

Eric

errr... Could you guide me to how to activate the package and deployment wizard? I can't seem to find the option in VB. TIA.

Well hmmm It comes with Visual Studio. I will assume that VB does not come with PDW. You might have to just copy files to cd and place them on the target machine....You will also need these files on the target machine

Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=28337&area=top&ordinal=23[/URL]

Eric

The one thing you must never ever do is just to copy a pile of dll's and ocx's to someone elses computer. You Must check versions before overwriting anything and you must register things properly. If you don't, you will be most unpopular as you will probably not get your programme to work and stop previously functioning stuff into the bargain.
Look on your menus (start/programmes etc) for package and deployment wizard. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

The package and deployment wizard is in the add-ins menu. If you don't see it there go to the add-in manager (also under the add-ins menu) make sure it is checked.
-Chris (Consultant / Software Engineer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back