Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run time error -2147220992 (80040200) Class Not Registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvegas

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
I created an application in VB6 using VB's data report. I was successful in running the application and report on my machine running Windows ME. I installed the application on a user's machine who also uses Windows ME but I receive an error when I try to create a report. The error is "Run time error -2147220992 (80040200) Class Not Registered". Does anyone have any idea about how to correct the above run time error when executing a VB data report? Both machines have MDAC_typ.exe SP1 installed.

Try re-installing DMAC2.5 or higher on user machine.

I re-installed MDAC_typ.exe 2.6 but no luck. I still get the message.

I am using the PDW to deploy the app. How do I go about registering the rogue elements?

Converting from JET 3.51 to JET 4.0 corrected the issue. After some help from Microsoft it was determined that JET 3.51 won't work with Windows ME unless you downgrade ME by installing MDAC2.0 in Windows ME. Windows ME comes with MDAC2.5 and therefore needs JET 4.0 to function correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back