Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Time ERROR -2147024864

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazytrucker

Programmer
Aug 4, 2004
GB
Hi all, I have a site that heavily processes XML in conjunction with a DLL which in turn comunicates with an external server.

Process:
The .asp web page builds an xml, sends it to the DLL function which then runs through a connection process and building of several xmls (all xmls are created in the DOM).
The DLL saves the xml's it creates and then sends them to the external server then saves the reply it recieves which is recieved normally in less than one second.
When even two users carry out the same request one will work whilst the other recieves this error reply:

Run-time error -2147024864

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Obviously there is a file sharing issue here but is it likely to be when the files are physically saved to the hard drive or when creating xml objects in the DOM (are there limitations to the DOM and creating the same/similar files). I know that VB does not support multi threading but I thought the DLL would cope with simulteaneous requests.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers LazyTrucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back