Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run time error '20553' Invalid Parameter field menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

moben

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2002
GB
I have a VB6 application with Access 2000 backend, using Crystal Reports 8.5.

On occassions i get a run time error 20533 invalid parameter field menu when selecting a CR report from the VB application and app crashes. Log back in, attempt to run same report again and it works !

This is an intermittant problem, difficult to debug as it always works, but needs fixing, as users are fed with crashing.

Adding an error condition is last resort (may have to do for all reports ?), want to know why this error occurs.

I would be grateful for any response.

Moben.

Looks like you need an error handler to prevent the crash.

Anyways, if you are using the CR OCX, make sure you clear all previously used parameters. Usually this can be done by calling the CR.Reset method. Otherwise if you do not, when a different report is ran, the OCX may still have parameter settings from a previous report.

If you are not using the OCX, but the CRPEAuto or CRAXDRT object, and destroying them after each report was called, then that shouldn't be a problem with what I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back