Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run-time error '2001': You canceled the previous operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMSIN

Programmer
Sep 6, 2000
GB
Hi,
I'm developing an accesss front-end using odbc to a backend database. I've just started getting this error:
Code:
Run-time error '2001': You canceled the previous operation
when I click a button which replaces one subform with another.
The line of code it breaks on is:
Code:
sbfrmProject.LinkChildFields = "ClientID"
but I think it must be something wrong I'm doing before that that causes the error, as I've used the same techniuqe before. When I click help on the debug screen, it says 'this topic doesn't exist'. So my question is - what exactly does this error message mean? Then I'll know what part of my code to look at to find the problem!
Thanks
Tamsin

I know it's been a long time since you posted your message. But just in case you have some wisdom to give - do you remember how you got past this error?

Or do you have any clues as to what really caused it?

I'm using Access 2000 and have started getting this message (about 1 in 20 times) that I run code to open a form when the user double-clicks on an object in the active form.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back