Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Session Multiple Macros Simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesiusj

Programmer
Dec 18, 2013
US
Hello,
Background.
My employer upgraded from Extra to Reflections 2011.
The SOP was to open the session, login, and then run the macro from within the session.
When I came on board a couple of years ago, I used a different method. I opened up the session, then the EB Editor and ran my macros that way.

After the upgrade my colleagues had various problems where Reflections would notify that there were security issues when users tried to run their macros.
It appears that this was due to them trying to run the macro from within the session. Since I ran my macros differently I had no issues.

Question.
Is it possible to open multiple sessions on a PC, AND run a macro for each session at the same time?

If you require more information, please advise.

Thanks and God Bless,
Genesius

Does anyone have an idea of how to solve this issue?
To word it a different way.

I want to run multiple macros (.EBM) in parallel.

Is this possible?

Thanks and God Bless,
Genesius

Im not familiar with reflections, but if the account properties are the same as stagnate you won't be able to do on the same session.

You can only use one profile per session, but if you have different clients or varying ID you use to login it might work...

For example if there's a session 404 which you login with ABJOHN and a session 405 which you login with ACJOHN it should be okay, but if you use ABJOHN for both sessions it won't work, however, you could run two seperate 404 sessions logged into ABJOHN on one and ACJOHN on the other and also be fine.

That's my experience with attach mate(extra) though, reflections may be different. Just thought you deserved some kind of response!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back