Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run script to process particular mail items

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjuni

Programmer
Oct 21, 2002
US
Is it possible to run a script on the Exchange Server (2003) that will capture particular emails to a particular user, extract the attachment and FTP it to another server, and update some records in a database on that other server? I have a script that does this in Outlook (client-side). First, I have a rule that runs whenever these emails are received (i.e. where the sender is x,y, or z). The rule calls a VBA function that ftps the attachment and updates the database record on a remote server. However, Outlook sometimes hangs while implementing this rule. I think it would be much more robust if there was a way of implementing it on the server. However, I know nothing about scripting for Exchange so, if it is possible, please let me know how to access Exchange's scripting tools.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back