Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Parsaneters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLNorton

Programmer
Nov 15, 2009
US
After programming in Delphi since it first came out I have run into a new error that I have never seen before and which I do not understand. The error:

Cannot run project unless a host application is defined. Use the Run|Parameters .. dialog box.

I do not understand what needs to be entered ii the Run forms.

Help.

This is a typical error message if you are creating a activeX/com/DLL, which cannot be run directly, but used by another application.

It depends on what kind of project you're building. If it's a standard windows forms application, you should never see this error, unless something went miserably wrong. If it is, perhaps the project file was improperly altered, and for example Application.Run may not be called, or something like that. On the other hand, if you're building an ActiveX component, component package, DLL, or anything which cannot be executed by its self, then you will see this message. It could also be that you have two different projects open at one time in the same instance of Delphi (a project group) and the active one is not the application which you want to run, but instead another project which is not an application. Everything you do in this case depends on your 'active project'.

JD Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back