Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Missed Task not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinshaw

Technical User
Jan 7, 2010
GB
Hi

I am using EPO 4 and have a client task called "Update VSE Engine, DAT, Patches" which does as its title suggests. It is scheduled to run every day at 00:25 am with a 30 minute randomization time. Within the task, I have the 'run missed task' selected.

Clients which are permanently connected to the network run this task as expected. However, some clients only occasionally connect to the network. For these clients, I would expect them to 'run missed task' soon after connection, but instead, they seem to check the time and just schedule the update task for the next 00:25am + 30 minutes randomization time. This is causing problems as the clients are usually removed from the network before the task has had time ro run. If this scenario is repeated, the clinets can be many days out of date with DAT files etc.

Can anyone give me an idea of where my problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back