Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run location problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmorse

Programmer
Sep 4, 2007
US
Hello, I'm a little new to COM/DCOM, and have been tasked with resolving an issue that one of our customers is having with our COM application on some of their machines. Whenever they try to start up the service, it starts and stops immediately. We had them open the properties for our application under component services and noticed the "Run application on this computer" checkbox is unchecked and greyed out on all of the machines that are having the problem, and I believe this to be the underlying cause of the problems. This app was working fine for a few months on all of these machines, so it was installed properly. Was there a Microsoft security update released recently that might be causing this? The machines are all XP SP2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did you ever solve this issue??? I'm running into the exact same problem, and can't figure out why the Run Application On This Computer is disabled on some machines, but not on others(!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back