Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run executables on website

Status
Not open for further replies.

morrow314

MIS
Apr 10, 2000
US
We want to be able to launch executables on our Corporate intranet site. I have found where you can allow scripts and executables, however I want to automatically launch the executable, not show the "Open it or Save to Disk" pop-up. Anyone know if this is possible and how?

If you have an hta - an application on your client machines, then they should be able to run them without the prompt - but otherwise I don't think so.

You could install a sort of gateway interface hta - which would be the frontwindow for accessing things like this from your intranet - once t has been installed then all other content should be trusted, you also have access to the client machine, all done from server.

check out:
and look up 'hta' at the developer center there, it'll tell you all you ned to know (I.E. only ofcourse!)
b[sup]2[/sup] - benbiddington@surf4nix.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back