Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run EXE without using MSTask

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpayback

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2006
US
I would like to be able to run desktop applications where they run as the name of the EXE such as an application called triggermanager.exe. I can't seem to figure it out. If I schedule it to run in task scheduler is runs as C:\WINNT\System32\MSTask.exe rather than what I want it to as C:\WINNT\System32\triggermanager.exe so if anyone can tell me how to get around this it would be much appreciated. The problem is that the task stays in Running mode the whole time rather than just running and then not showing running anymore. When I start the application from the Run box by typing in triggermanager.exe it runs as C:\WINNT\System32\triggermanager.exe and that is how I would like it to run from task scheduler. I hope this makes sense because I really need help on this one.

Oh...one more thing. This application has to run under a specific account and not the system account.

JP

I think I figured it out. I just created a batch file like below.

Code:
C:
cd \
start triggermanager.exe

It works fine now.

JP

You probably also discovered that under the wndows scheduler you can specify and account and whether the user needs to be logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back