Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run dlls an exe files from ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

forostec

Programmer
Oct 5, 2004
CO
Hello, i need to know how to run an exe file and a dll from ASP, how can i do this?

FYI. I have Windows NT and IIS 4. Do i need to setup something on the server? if so, how?

Thanks for the support.

You should be able to find some answers if you search through the forum(s) as I believe this question has been previously asked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
- Anonymous

dll's are called from ASP, serverobjects.com has a tool called aspExec that will let you run command line programs and capture as much returnable text for you and make it available for your web app. there's also "free" versions of this as well that you can copy/paste into VB and compile your own component, although i recommend against it, the small price is well worth the tech support if it's ever neeeded.

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back