Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Datastage Project Job reports from code

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanCockcroft

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2004
ZA
Hi, I am new at this.

I have been tasked with automating the generation of job reports.

So far I have this code:
italics

JobListResult = DSGetProjectInfo (DSJ.JOBLIST)
dsdesign.exe /H=hostname /U=username /P=password /O=omitflag project
job_name | /SC shared_container_name /R /RP=report_pathname /RT=stylesheet_pathname /RX

I need to put it in an iteration and quit the job when it gets to the end offff the job list.
Can anyone complete it for me?
cheers
Ian

If you are talking about job documentation, the best output is a html report with a context sensitive bitmap of the job and html job properties. This can be generated with a batch script on your client PC to repetitively call up the DataStage Designer, a sample script has been uploaded to Ascential developernet.

If you are talking about processing metadata, the results of jobs including status, reject row counts and input versus output row auditing, you can call up the jobreport command as an after-job routine. You can also call it up from a routine in a sequence job and interrogate the job results every time a job finishes.

Have a look through the 77,000+ archive of posts at for many examples of this type of code. I have submitted a FAQ entry for DataStage report options to this site which should hopefully appear within one to two days.

regards
Vincent
WebSphere Information Integration blogger:
Are you suffering from row leakage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back