Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Crystal Reports from a Command Line-What is the Workaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gc1908

Programmer
Jul 10, 2007
Yes, I'm very aware Crystal Reports (v10 or XI) can not be ran from a command line. Very aware that I need an interface (ex. API) - Right? We don't have the funds to purchase any currently built software.

So, can someone help me-provide a little assistance on the workaround? I have Visual Studio (and a VB programmer), can you direct me on how we can accomplish this?

There is a .NET SDK for Crystal that comes with Visual Studio. If you're just trying to run reports to export or print them instead of viewing them, you'll need to look at the "ReportDocument" object model. This object model also can be used with the Crystal viewer component that come with Visual Studio.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back