Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run as command fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTFOOL

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2006
US
Hi All
Has anyone seen the run as command fail when using it to open up the AD Users and Computers applet in Administrative tools ?
I can get the login box to appear if I am doing anything local to the computer but if I want to add users on our domain controller, I would normally Shift-right click and select run as then log in with a higher level account that has the ability to make changes.
Today for some reason no login box ever appears when I select Run as to do any domain stuff.
If I actually log out and log back into the station with my high level account then I can call up AD users and Computers with my access rights intact.
Double clicking the AD users and Computers applet with my low level account just gives me a read only view of my users.

I hope this makes sense and hopefully someone knows how to fix it cause I need to add some users and hate flipping back and forth tween accounts.

Thanks in advance.

NTFOOL,

Has the "Secondary Logon" service stopped? Or has it been disabled by policy?

Kmills

Thanks for the reply kmills

A few Googles led me to checking that service, it has been running the whole time, I have stopped and restarted it but still no joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back